Join the Acton Institute and Hong Kong Watch for a screening and discussion of Acton's latest film THE HONG KONGER.
When Hong Kong’s basic freedoms come under attack, media tycoon Jimmy Lai finds himself in the crosshairs of the state and must choose between defending Hong Kong’s long-standing liberties, or his own freedom.
Don’t miss this advanced screening of THE HONG KONGER in London. Doors will open at 5:30 pm.
There will be a panel discussion immediately following this screening featuring:
- Wing Tat Lee, Former Member of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong
- Catherine Li, Independent artist-activist
- Baroness Helena Kennedy KC, Director to the International Bar Association’s Human Rights Institute
- Eric Kohn, Associate Producer of THE HONG KONGER
- Benedict Rogers, Co-founder and Chief Executive of Hong Kong Watch
Watch the trailer here: