Join the Acton Institute for an open house on Tuesday, Nov. 30 from 4pm-8pm for an open house to see many curated works from The Remnant Trust, a public educational foundation that shares an actively growing collection of manuscripts, first edition and early works dealing with the topics of individual liberty and human dignity with some pieces dating as early as 2500 B.C. Works on display at the Acton Institute include:
- Bible, Epistle of Paul to the Romans: Romans IX-XII, ca. 1250
- Declaration of Independence [in] Journals of the Assembly, 1777
- Abraham Lincoln, Emancipation Proclamation, 1862
- George Orwell, 1984, 1949
- Frederic Douglass, My Bondage and My Freedom, 1855
- Aristotle, Nichomachean Ethics, 1488
- Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae Pars Secunda, 1475
- John Dalberg Acton, Historical Essays and Studies, 1907
And many more! View the full catalog here.
Private group tours are available upon request.