We are seeking a social-savvy content and community manager to join our team as Social Media Manager to develop and execute strategies that will advance the Acton Institute’s vision to a global audience, toward a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Social Media Manager you will be a key player in growing our digital community. Your responsibilities will include:
- Active management of our social channels, including posting and adapting posting schedule with rolling analytic changes.
- Facilitate conversations and increase engagement within our digital community.
- Craft platform-specific copy in Acton Institute’s voice and tone.
- Manage and update web content, including articles, podcasts, and videos.
- Create, review and send email communications, including managing email replies.
- Provide general communication and marketing support as needed.
- Keep up to date with social and digital best practices and strategies
Qualifications & Skills
The preferred candidate will have experience with:
- Social media management, marketing and community management
- Email marketing
- Web content management
- Drupal experience is a plus
- Deep knowledge of Facebook Analytics, Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
Additional Qualifications include:
- An understanding and passion for Acton’s mission and the ability to effectively communicate our mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in communication, marketing, or related field of study preferred.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience, preferably in a communications or marketing setting.
This is a full time position at the Acton Institute, with a preference for the role to be located in Grand Rapids, Michigan; however we will consider the possibility of a remote work location for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit the required application materials to the attention of human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- 1). A cover letter explaining your interest in Acton’s mission and this role;
- 2). Your resume;
- 3). Your salary requirements.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute is interdenominational and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. In the last ten years alone, more than 6,000 people from the worlds of higher education, ministry, business and the social services have attended Acton University and or other educational programs. Learn more about the Acton Institute.