We are seeking a Producer experienced with podcasts and video production to join our media team and advance our mission to a global audience, toward a free and virtuous society.
Roles & Responsibilities
As Producer you will oversee the planning and production of our video projects and the Acton podcast.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Scoping, prioritizing and direction decision making on video projects.
- Provide active oversight on the projects our Media team are engaged on.
- Serve as the production manager overseeing all elements of Acton’s live broadcasts such as our Acton Lecture Series.
- Produce our podcast Acton Line, including topic identification, guest booking, content scheduling, and oversight of the editing and mastering of recording.
- Production of our new Acton Roundtable podcast.
- Provide metrics and reporting for key initiatives and deliverables.
- Keep up to date with podcast and video projection best practices and strategies.
Qualifications & Skills
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with data management systems; experience with CatDV a plus.
- Strong organization skills and detail-oriented work habits.
- Experience in all stages of video production (pre-production, production, post-production).
- Experience with budgeting for projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Flexibility and the ability to adjust on the fly in the flow of projects.
Additional Qualifications include:
- An understanding and passion for Acton’s mission and the ability to effectively communicate our mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; major in a related field of study preferred.
- 3 - 5 years demonstrated experience, preferably in podcast or video production.
This is a full time position at the Acton Institute located at our headquarters in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
How to Apply
Interested candidates passionate about a free and virtuous society are encouraged to submit the required application materials to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org :
- 1). A cover letter explaining your interest in Acton’s mission and this role;
- 2). Your resume;
- 3). Your salary requirements.
Only qualified candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this role, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.
About the Acton Institute
The Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty is a leading international organization headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Acton is a faith based educational non-profit, and our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles.