We are seeking a Media Production Specialist to join our talented team! The Media Production Specialist provides general and technical assistance, including production and post production support for the media communications team, to further the reach of Acton’s communication and media projects to broad audiences worldwide.
Roles & Responsibilities
Build and maintain media archives in the CatDV system and produce edited content for Acton Projects using the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Assist with audio/video recording at Acton live events, including live-streaming.
- Assist with all podcast production efforts; specifically recording and post production.
- Assist with film shoots for Acton projects; running cameras, teleprompter, sound recording, lights, etc.
- Ensure all film equipment is available, organized, and in working order for film shoots.
- Manage the video and audio equipment in the media equipment room, soundstage, and auditorium.
- Manage the check in and check out process for all video and audio equipment. (This requires a strong organizational skill set to steward the current inventory and support the future purchases to ensure that they are wisely managed.)
Work with the media team to help organize and implement Asset Management software with barcode systems for video and audio equipment check-out and check-in; repairs; content check; ordering etc. Provide general support for the communications/media team.
Qualifications & Skills
- CatDV archive system
- Time management
- Ability to juggle multiple projects consistently
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree
This is a full time exempt position with attractive benefits. Work is performed on site at the Acton Institute and is sometimes performed on location. Occasional travel is required. The Media Production Specialist will report directly to the Producer of the media department.
How to Apply
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate! Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit the following application materials:
· Cover letter, which should detail your interest in Acton mission and this role
· Desired salary range for this opportunity
Applications should be submitted to the attention of Human Resources and sent to [email protected] .
Qualified candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this role, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.