Will assist our website administrator with the continued development of Acton’s web presence, specific project related micro-sites and other programming projects.
The ideal candidate should have experience suitable to deal in a multi-tasked environment to efficiently coordinate several projects, will be self-motivated and possess strong problem solving ability.
- PHP and MySQL experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Concepts of object oriented programming
- Coursework and/or understanding of web administration support, world issues, experience with other cultures, experience in media website outreach
Experience with the following is preferred, but is not required
- Git version control
- Unix-based Operating Systems and web server administration
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Dreamweaver and/or Fireworks
- Java programming, specifically for Android
- Objective C programming, specifically for iOS
- Windows Phone development
- The Raiser's Edge CRM
- Ruby on Rails
- Open Journal Systems
- Proficiency in Spanish translation or other languages.
To learn more about internships at the Acton Institute, visit our internships page.  Click here to apply online  and send your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your cover letter should detail your interest in working at the Acton Institute and your writing sample should be no more than 250 - 300 words and should reflect your perspective of Acton’s mission. Applicants should be enrolled in a 4-year college or university and have already completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate education.