The Acton Institute an internationally recognized world class think tank, is housed in the new Acton Building located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan www.michigan.org  . We are situated at the corner of Fulton and Sheldon in the Heartside Community.
Acton is a non-profit educational organization and our mission is to promote a free society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles, learn more about us at www.acton.org  and www.discoveracton.org .
Website Coordinator Assistant
We are seeking a Website Coordinator Assistant (part-time role) to join our talented team and assist Acton’s website developer. The right candidate for this integral role will assist on maintenance, design, and coding all websites under Acton’s umbrella using primarily Drupal, Wordpress, and Magento content management platforms. The Website Coordinator maintains a high level view of what a site should look like and how it should work while keeping Acton’s constituency in mind. Other responsibilities include maintaining custom analytics dashboard displays, maintaining and improving seven mobile apps across Apple, Android, and Windows Phone devices, and designing web graphics using image editing software.
Internally, the Web Coordinator assists with creating and analyzing processes in our Development and Programs departments. Once analyzed, they help streamline constituent interaction between the Drupal, Wordpress, and Ruby on Rails platforms and Acton’s internal Constituent Resource Management application (Raiser’s Edge).
Major website responsibilities include assisting the oversight and yearly update of the Acton University website, design and updates of Acton.org, design and updates for the Acton PowerBlog, and close interaction with the Acton Book Shop.
The ideal candidate must have a strong eye for design as well as a background in back end programming. A large portion of the work is front end design including HTML, CSS, and designing themes.
Utilized Skills & Technologies
- SASS and Compass
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Breakpoint and Breakpoint Slicer
- Shell Scripting
- Phusion Passenger
Processes and Other Skills
- DevOp: Deploying a website from local, to staging, to production
- Performing Backups: Shell scripting
- Commandline Tool Familiarity: Backups to Amazon S3, Linux server administration
- Website UI and UX design experience
- Google Analytics administration and implementation
- Google Adwords familiarity
- Familiar with Social Networking tools like Hootsuite and Youtube
- Formatting and sending weekly newsletter every Wednesday
- Familiar with DNS and domain administration and purchasing
Frameworks and Platforms
- Drupal and Symfony (for Drupal 8)
- Ruby on Rails
- Open Journal Systems
- Proficiency in both Mac OSX and Windows development environments
- Proficiency in Linux server management and security best practices, specifically Ubuntu and Slackware distributions
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Raiser’s Edge and ImportOMatic
Mobile Development Technologies
- Objective C
- Apache Cordova
Mobile Development IDEs
- Visual Studio
Preferred candidates will also possess:
- Understanding of Acton’s Mission
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 1+ years of related website experience
- Professional decorum, business acumen, and a respectful demeanor at all times
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Proficient Computer, Internet, technical and Social Media skills
- A team player attitude and excellent ability to work well will all staff and colleagues
- Desire to go the extra mile to see tasks and projects through
If you are motivated by this opportunity and possess the desired skill sets, we encourage you to apply for this part-time position to join Acton’s talented and dynamic team.
To be fully considered for this position please send a cover letter, your resume, and your salary earnings history to: email@example.com .
Only candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview