The Acton Institute an internationally recognized world class think tank, recently moved into its new home, the Acton Building located in downtown Grand Rapids, Michigan www.michigan.org . We are situated at the corner of Fulton and Sheldon in the Heartside Community.
Acton is a non-profit educational organization and our mission is to promote a free society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles, learn more about us at www.acton.org  and www.discoveracton.org .
Radio Broadcast, Assistant Producer
We are currently seeking an Assistant Producer for our Radio Broadcast team http://radio.acton.org . In this position you will play a vital role in Acton Radio Broadcast to support our Executive Producer at the Acton Institute. The ideal candidate is proficient to operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots”; will upload productions to appropriate FTP/Satellite servers or other distribution platforms; will protect any and all licenses owned by Acton Institute (FCC, music licenses, etc.), will successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Executive Producer, with the ability to work in a fast paced, results-oriented fashion while demonstrating professional decorum at all times.
This is a part-time position and in this role you will work closely with the Executive Producer and/or Host and will work behind the scenes to perform assigned production duties, such as; recording, editing, adding “drops’, music beds, and actuarials to create a finished audio production, and other duties as assigned by the Executive Producer. This is not an “on-air” position.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Understanding and appreciation for Acton’s mission
- High School Diploma or GED at minimum
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with a commitment to Acton’s core principles and vision
- Prior experience in talk radio format preferred
- Experience editing and producing long-form “live to tape” audio productions
- Proficiency with digital audio and digital editing systems (Adobe Audition, Audacity)
- Proficiency with FTP (File Transfer Protocol) and call screening software (Call Commander)
- Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs
- Experience working with broadcast automation systems
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit the following application materials: a cover letter detailing your interest in this role and the mission of the Acton Institute; your resume; your salary history & expectations, and apply to: email@example.com  by January 17, 2015.
Only candidates who submit a complete application with all of the required materials will be considered for this position. No phone calls please.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview.