Publicize the ideas and accomplishments of the Acton Institute to the media, policy makers, religious leaders, the free market think tank movement, and wider public.
- Assist with production and placement of print and digital advertising campaigns.
- Promote Acton spokespersons to the media as sources of expert commentary on “markets and morality” issues of the day. You will maintain proprietary email lists for editors, bloggers, and TV and radio producers; write press releases and distribute them on proprietary lists and, when warranted, on commercial press release services.
- Build and maintain a digital media kit, including profiles of key Acton spokespersons.
- Manage social media posts, event entries and outreach on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Handle requests for radio and TV interviews and track results.
- Assist with gaining greater linkage between Acton PowerBlog and other major blog sites; assist with Search Engine Optimization tasks, and you will also act as liaison to Acton advertising agency and free-lance advertising contractors.
- Track key metrics.
- Handle assorted writing assignments for the Web site, Acton News & Commentary, the PowerBlog and promotional literature, and promote Acton video documentaries to the media and on video sharing sites.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills
- A strong grasp of Acton core principles
- The ability to communicate core principles in the context of current news events
- Editorial publication experience
- The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- A strong understanding of social media and willingness to learn new technologies
- Seeking a Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, economics or political science.
- Proficiency in Spanish or other languages is a plus.
To learn more about internships at the Acton Institute, visit our internships page.  Click here to apply online  and send your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your cover letter should detail your interest in working at the Acton Institute and your writing sample should be no more than 250 - 300 words and should reflect your perspective of Acton’s mission. Applicants should be enrolled in a 4-year college or university and have already completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate education. Applicants are required to be present for the entire 8 week program beginning June 3, 2015 through July 31, 2015.