For any of the following internships at the Acton Institute, click here to apply online  and send your cover letter, resume and writing sample along with a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org . Your cover letter should detail your interest in working at the Acton Institute. Your writing sample should be no more than 250-300 words and should reflect your perspective of Acton’s mission. Applicants should be graduate students currently enrolled in graduate school, recent graduates of a 4-year college or university or currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university and have already completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate education.
Thank you to our 2016 Summer Interns!
For over twenty six years, the Acton Institute, a leading educational organization, has been integrating the ideas of religion and liberty. Our focus is on the role of religion in laying the moral foundation for a just society and on the role of freedom in securing the conditions under which religious conscience can be exercised.
Our mission is to promote a free and virtuous society characterized by individual liberty and sustained by religious principles. Our strategy is to educate religious and business leadership around the world. We accomplish our mission through research, publications, conferences, lectures, and seminars.
Our Internship Program
- Gain professional experience in your area(s) of interest. Whether you are pursuing a degree in theology, philosophy, economics, research, writing, editing, or business administration, the Acton Institute will utilize your educational background and seek to uncover and cultivate your strengths.
- Gain experience in the professional environment of a prominent religiously based think tank. By assisting the staff of the Acton Institute, you will gain a broader perspective on how ideas are disseminated in the nonprofit sector. Through conducting research, developing educational programs, and establishing relationships that will further the Institute's mission objectives, you will build practical skills that will serve you well in your future career endeavors.
- Increase your own understanding of the relationship between religion and liberty. You will be given opportunities to attend Acton Institute programs and engage in discussions that will challenge your perspectives and strengthen your grasp of practical issues through principled evaluation of economic, philosophical, and theological synthesis.
- Professional attire and decorum is required.
- Summer interns will assist staff and participate in our week long Acton University the week of June 20-23, 2017, an international confrence of learning and discussion, with over 900 participants from over 70 countries attending.
- Fall/Winter/Spring Internships- See below.
- The summer internship begins June 5, 2017 and ends July 28, 2017. Qualified candidates chosen are required to be present for the entire 8 week program. This is a paid stipend of $1,000.
Acton Institute internship programs are designed to provide valuable education and experience related to your area of interest. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are serious about their education and who are interested in developing an increasingly broader based work experience.
The Acton Institute offers on going internships throughout the year. Internships for course credit are also encouraged. Acton Institute partners with colleges and universities in work for experience, work study or course credit internship programs in Communications, Development, General Support, Research, Programs, Audio/ Visual and Media Technology and Website Maintenance and Assistance. If this type of internship opportunity is of interest to you, please check with the career development/internship office of your school to see if they have a program in place and could partner with us in this capacity. For more information on semester internships, please feel free to call the Acton Institute and ask to speak to someone in Human Resources.
Acton Institute also partners with the Charles Koch Institute's Koch Internships and Fellowship Programs. If you are interested in applying for the Koch programs and working at Acton, please visit the Koch website  and contact Acton's human resources department to apply.