Your privacy on the Internet is important to us. As part of the operation and customization feature of The Acton Institute's web site ("acton.org"), we gather certain types of information from users, and we would like to explain the types of information we gather, what we do with them, and how to correct or change the information.
Information Collected By acton.org
acton.org collects two types of information from users and donors: personal data such as zip code, email address, mailing address, and demographic information; and aggregated data such as information about traffic patterns on acton.org (for example, how many users log on to acton.org on a daily basis).
Aggregated information, such as which pages users visit, is collected through various means. One of these ways is through an IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet. Web servers, the computers that "serve up" Web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When you request a page from acton.org, our servers log your IP address. acton.org does not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, so although your session will be logged, your session will remain anonymous to us. acton.org logs IP addresses for the purposes of system administration only.
The Acton Institute does not sell or share any donor information with out permission of the donor. Donors can opt-out of mailings at anytime by using this online form. 
Use of Information Collected by acton.org
acton.org uses both the personal and aggregated information we collect for multiple purposes. The information is used to improve the content of the site, to customize the content and/or layout of the site for each individual user and if requested, to provide information services by email to the user. The Acton Institute will never disclose your personally identifiable information to a third party unless required to do so by court order, law or governmental agency.
Information Security at acton.org
The Acton Institute employees understand the need for user privacy and access to user data is strictly limited and can only be accessed by specific individuals who have the necessary username and password combination.
Children and Privacy
The Acton Institute encourages parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the sites visited by their children. In general, acton.org will not contain content that is reasonably considered unsuitable for children.
Links to Other Sites
It is important to note that acton.org contains links to sites other than acton.org, and that those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as acton.org. For instance, a link on the Acton PowerBlog at blog.acton.org will take you away from acton.org to an entirely different site.
- Permission is granted to download unlimited copies of the materials (information or software) on Acton Institute's web site or mobile applications for viewing. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify the materials;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Acton Institute's web site or mobile applications;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Acton Institute at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any infringing materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- You may reprint Acton Institute's writings online or in print as long as you provide a link to our website and credit the original author(s).